Recipe by looneytunesfan
Top Review by teresas
I use to make this dish back in the day when the family was young and we were short of cash...DH wanted this made with some homemade canned tuna fish that friends gave us...I did add lots of pepper and salt to help bring out the flavors...this was the first dish my daughter learned how to cook with her Daddy during a period when he was laid off from work...I got to come home from my job to a nice dinner prepared by my family...those where the good old days...so I prepared this for him last night...I had ran out of milk so I used sour cream mixed with the juice from the canned tuna to equal the 1/2 cup needed...he was a happy camper...thanks for sharing the recipe...=)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 (6 ounce) cans canned tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 cups medium hot cooked egg noodles
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F.
- STIR soup, milk, peas, tuna and noodles in 1 1/2-qt. casserole.
- BAKE for 20 minute or until hot. Stir.
- SPRINKLE cheese over tuna mixture.
- BAKE for 2 minute more or until cheese is melted.
- TIP: Substitute your family’s favorite frozen vegetable for the peas.