Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups MINUTE White Rice, uncooked
- 2 cups fresh frozen broccoli florets or 2 cups fresh frozen broccoli florets
- HEAT oil in skillet.
- Add chicken and cook until browned.
- Remove chicken.
- ADD soup, water, paprika and pepper; stir.
- Heat to a boil.
- STIR in rice and broccoli.
- Top with chicken.
- Season chicken with additional paprika and pepper.
- Cover and cook over low heat 5 minute.
- or until done.
I didn't have a huge skillet and the chicken breasts were large so I had to cook the chicken in the skillet than in a separate large pot (b/c I doubled the ingredients) I put the soup, water, spices and rice. I continued to cook chicken and than placed on top of rice and let sit. I really liked the recipe though I recommend more seasoning. I used a lot on chicken but didn't use enough in the veggie/rice area.
This was a quick and easy meal. It made a lot (I increased the water amount). I did thaw the frozed broccoli a bit to quicken cooking time. A good meal when you don't know what to fix and are in a hurry.
i made this tonight for our supper and it was pretty good.there was only 2 of us,so i used 2 chicken breast halves. i cut them in 4 pieces and i kept the other ingredients the same. i think the next time i make this i'm going to add a little salt and maybe some garlic powder to perk it up a bit.thank you for posting.