Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another cherished family recipe has been recorded here at Recipezaar! With five boys for my parents to feed, I was lucky if I got half a sloppy joe to eat! To be served with previously frozen milk-de rigueur, as are most of my family recipes. This recipe puts a big smile on my face!
- In saute pan, heat up a little bit of oil and brown meat until no longer pink. Add the onion and saute another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the entire can of **UNDILUTED** soup to the meat along with the ketchup. Stir and heat through.
- Serve over warmed or toasted hamburger buns. For hungry boys if might be necessary to double or even triple this recipe.
- Pass the carton of milk and fight over who is doing the dishes!
- NOTE: If by chance the sloppy joe mixture is too watery, stir in about 1/2-1 tablespoon flour and incorporate well.