1/3 Photos of California Pizza Kitchen Chicken Tequila Fettuccine
Q & A's Mom's Note:
From the California Pizza Kitchen Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g dry spinach fettuccine (or 2 pounds fresh)
- 118.29 ml chopped fresh cilantro (2 tablespoons reserved for garnish or finish)
- 29.58 ml minced fresh garlic
- 29.58 ml minced jalapeno peppers (seeds and veins may be eliminated if milder flavor is desired)
- 44.37 ml unsalted butter (reserve tablespoon per saute)
- 118.29 ml chicken stock (preferably homemade)
- 29.58 ml gold tequila
- 29.58 ml freshly squeezed lime juice
- 44.37 ml soy sauce
- 566.99 g chicken breasts, diced 3/4 inch
- 0 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 354.88 ml heavy cream
- 1Prepare rapidly boiling, salted water to cook pasta; cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes for dry pasta, approximately 3 minutes for fresh. Pasta may be cooked slightly ahead of time, rinsed and oiled and then “flashed” (reheated) in boiling water or cooked to coincide with the finishing of the sauce/topping.
- 2Cook 1/3 cup cilantro, garlic and jalapeno in 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Add stock, tequila and lime juice. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until reduced to a paste like consistency; set aside.
- 3Pour soy sauce over diced chicken; set aside for 5 minutes. Meanwhile cook onion and peppers, stirring occasionally, with remaining butter over medium heat. When the vegetables have wilted (become limp), add.
- 4chicken and soy sauce; toss and add reserved tequila/lime paste and cream.
- 5Bring the sauce to a boil; boil gently until chicken is cooked through and sauce is thick (about 3 minutes).
- 6When sauce is done, toss with well-drained spinach fettuccine and reserved cilantro.
- 7Serve family style or transfer to serving dishes, evenly distributing chicken and vegetables.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for California Pizza Kitchen Chicken Tequila Fettuccine
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 667.3
- Calories from Fat 346
- Total Fat 38.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.3 g
- Cholesterol 213.1 mg
- Sodium 637.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 31.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: