Prep 10 mins
Cook 33 mins
This is a really yummy recipe, very healthy, and such a welcome comfort in a country with so little Mexican food. I tried making similar fish tacos before, but I adapted them to be not only yummier, but so much easier to make. Since I first tried making these in my home in Germany, the fish is in grams, not ounces. I believe there's a metric conversion on this site, so try that. If you still can't figure it out, just use a piece of cod that's about 8 inches high, 4 inches across the top, and 3/4 inch thick.
- 400 g frozen cod (it must be frozen)
- 1 medium mango
- 1 small jalapeno pepper
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 1 onion, cut up into wedges
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 59.14 ml salsa verde
- 59.14 ml low-fat sour cream
- 4 (24 inch) flour tortillas
- 118.29 ml vegetable broth
- Microwave the cod until the ice is melted, but the fish isn't fully cooked. On a frying pan on medium heat, pour in the lemon juice and then the fish. Sauté until the fish is almost cooked through, then turn off the heat.
- On a cutting board, dice the mango into 1 inch cubes. Also cut up the jalapeño pepper. Put both of these, along with the onion wedges, in a roasting pan, and set in the oven at medium-high heat. Cook for 15 minutes, or until mango and onions caramelize slightly.
- Take the vegetables out of the oven and place them in a frying pan along with the fish. Add the vegetable broth. Sauté for about 3 minutes. Add the cayenne pepper, then spoon the mixture into the tortillas. Add a tablespoon of sour cream and a tablespoon of salsa on each one before serving. Bon appetit!
This was very good a super simple to make. I used tilapia fillets and chicken broth as that is what I had on hand, but followed all other ingredients and the instructions to a T. Our family loves Tacos and all other Mexican type food and this one didn't disappoint. Even my 3-year-old who hardly eats anything ate a whole taco. I served this with Knorr Rice Sides Spanish Rice and Refried Beans and it was a quick delicious meal this afternoon. Thank you for a great recipe Baking*Belle. Made for PAC Spring 2014. PS...Next time I make these I will take a photo. I had left my phone in the car after church and was too lazy and hungry to retrieve it before we ate.