Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1⁄2 lb hamburger
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 medium onion
- 1 (16 ounce) candrained butter beans
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 (16 ounce) candrained white beans
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork & beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- Remove from skillet and crumble.
- Brown hamburger with chopped onions and crumbled bacon.
- Combine beans, sugar, and vinegar.
- Add meat mixture and mix well.
- Place in greased baking dish.
- If desired, 1 tsp or T mustard (prepared) may be added according to taste.
- Bake in a 3 Quart Casserole dish at 350 for 45 minutes.
This is truely the best baked beans you will ever have to make. I do my in the crockpot on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 4 to 6. The leftovers are the best. You can eat it like a soup with homemade bread to dunk in it. I get requested for these beans all the time by family and friends.
This bean recipe is very good. Excellent for a picnic. I know everyone will like it. I also used my crockpot to heat it up. Thanks again for the excellent recipe.
Unbelievably tasty and easy to make! My boyfriend was upset that Folks Restaurant no longer serves calico beans, so I researched this recipe for him. Thanks for helping me keep my man happy! :D