Top Review by Audrey M
This is truely the best baked beans you will ever have to make. I do my in the crockpot on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 4 to 6. The leftovers are the best. You can eat it like a soup with homemade bread to dunk in it. I get requested for these beans all the time by family and friends.
- 1⁄2 lb hamburger
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 medium onion
- 1 (16 ounce) candrained butter beans
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 (16 ounce) candrained white beans
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork & beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- Remove from skillet and crumble.
- Brown hamburger with chopped onions and crumbled bacon.
- Combine beans, sugar, and vinegar.
- Add meat mixture and mix well.
- Place in greased baking dish.
- If desired, 1 tsp or T mustard (prepared) may be added according to taste.
- Bake in a 3 Quart Casserole dish at 350 for 45 minutes.