1 hr 10 mins
lynnski / LA's Note:
This is a traditional recipe from the Islands that Cape Verdeans still make. Additional seasonings are left to the cook, or table condiments can accompany the dish. This recipe was adapted from the Smithsonian Institution's, 1995 Festival of American Folklife Cookbook. Recipes for the cookbook were contributed by American Cape Verdeans who are active in preserving their cultural heritage. There are about 500,000 American Cape Vedeans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium kettle, boil both white and sweet potatoes, about 15 minutes.
- 2In a large kettle, gently saute chopped onions,red and green peppers and tomatoes in oil.
- 3Next add fish cut into small pieces to the kettle and saute.
- 4Add partly cooked white and sweet potatoes, along with enough cooking water to simmer the soup.
- 5Simmer until potatoes and fish are done.
- 6Add chopped parsley and chopped scallions to the kettle.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caldo De Peixe (Cape Verde Islands) Fish Soup
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.8
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 226.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: