Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
CAKE MIX IDEAS • Swiss Chocolate • Devil's Food • Butter Recipe Golden • Classic Yellow • Spice • Fudge Marble • Banana Supreme • Lemon Supreme • Dark Chocolate Fudge • Pineapple Supreme • Orange Supreme • Strawberry Supreme • French Vanilla • Caramel • Butter Recipe Fudge • Coconut Layer • Tres Leche • German Chocolate • Red Velvet • Classic White
- 1 cake mix
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 f.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine cake mix, flour, butter, eggs and almond extract in a large bowl.
- Beat until blended and then stir in the almonds.
- Divide dough in half and shape into a 12x2 inch log; place logs on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 F for 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on baking sheets for 15 minutes, then cut the logs into 1/2 inch slices.
- Arrange slices on the baking sheets, side up.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes and then cool completely.
This simple recipe makes a wonderful biscotti. I used a brand name french vanilla cake mix and it turned out great. I especially liked the texture: not too hard with a satisfying crunch. I make biscotti often as I usually have a 4:00 cup of coffee to keep going for the rest of the day.
This recipe is great and a really convenient way to make biscotti.
Epic failure. Could not slice for 2nd baking. I'll try a half cup flour next time. Baked at 350 for 33 minutes and bottoms were very brown.