Double-Chocolate Devil's Food Pancakes
- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup freshly brewed coffee
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together coffee, cocoa powder, milk, melted butter, eggs and vanilla until combined; add to dry ingredients; blend.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Heat a lightly oiled skillet over medium-high heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto hot skillet.
- Cook 2 or 3 minutes.
- Turn and cook other side for 2 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining pancakes.
- To serve, top pancakes with confectioners' sugar and whipped cream.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
Join The Conversation
These were amazing! I used a gluten free flour mixture and they still turned out wonderfully. We did have to add a LOT more milk to thin it out, and they were still the thickest pancake I've ever eaten. This meant they took a while to cook, but so worth the wait. These will become our new tradition for Easter morning. Thanks!
My family really enjoyed these. I too reduced the sugar to 3/4 cup. I used milk chocolate chips and served these with syrup and fresh strawberries. I used a lower temperature to cook them so they would not burn. I think whipped cream as a topping would be wonderful. These even taste good cold. They were a real treat. Thanks for the recipe.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
What can I say about myself that hasn't already been mentioned in the police reports? Just kidding! I'm a single guy who loves to cook! Good thing, or I'd starve or go broke eating out! I love to read, horror and mysteries are my favorite. Love music, (except rap) and I'm a huge Green Bay Packer Fan!