Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I had a couple of leftover hamburger patties from Cajun Beef Burgers by Becky in Wisconsin and really didn't want to reuse them the same way, so I came up with this recipe. If your try this,please feel free to change the amount of seasonings according your tastes.If you use regular hamburger patties add about 1 1/2 teaspoons of any type of Cajun Seasoning to the recipe, I recommend Cajun Seasoning.Submitted to Food.com (a.k.a. " ZAAR ") on June 21st.,2012
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces hamburger patties, chopped into small pieces (I used leftovers from Cajun Beef Burgers )
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canof chili seasoned tomatoes (do not drain )
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans (do not drain )
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄4 cups rotini pasta (or you can use any other similar pasta )
- 1 1⁄2 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat add the oil, heat oil until hot but not smoking.
- Add chopped patties, and lightly brown.
- Then add all ingredients,( if not using seasoned patties,add Cajun Seasoning) except the pasta and bring to a boil.
- After mixture has started to boil add pasta, cover and reduce heat to medium low.
- While pasta is cooking, stir occasionally to prevent sticking.(You might need a bit more water to completely cook pasta.).
- After cooking, add pepperjack cheese, and stir to melt.