Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This a fast and flavorful way to cook tilapia fillets, although other fish works well too.
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Place all herbs and spices in a bowl and mix well. Lightly coat the fish in the spice mixture.
- Add butter to frying pan and heat until sizzling. Add the fish fillets, and saute over moderate heat for 4 minutes on each side, or until browned and cooked.
This was really good! I added a little bit more cayenne (I like it spicy), but the spices were spot on. I will be making again. Thanks for posting!
I will tell you upfront... I am basing this review on my family's comments (I am allergic to seafood, but they love it, so I make it). I made this recipe 'almost' exactly as written... but with just a tiny alteration. They all like "breaded & deep fried" fish, so I did a compromise. I prepared all the spice ingredients per instructions, but also added a flour/baking powder mixture in with it to coat the fish.. It made for a nice crunchy, yet fluffy, coating and the fish was very moist. (I really wanted to eat some myself). I did add some vegetable oil to the butter in the frying pan to raise the level to about 1/4". (I guess you maybe could say that it was a "shallow fry", but not deep frying). No matter... it got a thumbs up from all who ate it. Thank you for a nice dinner for my family. Made for PRMR - Spring 2013
Very quick and easy. Great flavor. Made for Fall 2012 PAC game.