Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
This hors d'oeuvre may be served hot or chilled whatever way you prefer. I love them both ways. The recipe can be doubled or tripled.
Cajun Shrimp Kabobs
- 2 lbs raw shrimp
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning (store bought or homemade will work fine)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 20 9 inch skewers
Caramelize Red Onion Dip
- 2 whole peeled red onions, julienned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce, to taste (I use 5 dashes)
- 1 lime, juice of
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Shrimp; Mix all ingredients and marinate over night.
- You have two choices with the next step you can saute and skewer or skewer the raw shrimp and grill.
- Till they turn pink, about 3 minutes per side.
- Dip; Saute red onions at a medium heat for one hour stirring every 8 to 10 minutes to caramelize evenly.
- After this process add the garlic and cook for one minute; add sherry wine and reduce until dry.
- Transfer to a bowl and cool mixture down in refrigerator.
- When cool add all ingredients to a food processor and puree.
- Salt and pepper to taste.