From the Miami Herald. Although we haven't tried this yet, it sounds simple and good.
- Ready In:
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 4 kabob skewers
- salt and pepper
- Preheat broiler.
- Line baking tray with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place rack about 5-inches from heat.
- Mix garlic, paprika, cayenne, oregano, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper together in a small bowl.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces.
- Spray chicken with cooking spray and toss them in spice mixture.
- Divide in half and thread on 2 kabob skewers.
- Place olive oil in small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut zucchini and squash into 2-inch pieces and toss in oil to coat.
- Divide in half and place on 2 skewers.
- Remove tray from oven and place skewers on the foil.
- Return to the oven and broil for 5 minutes.
- Nutritional info per serving. 263 cal; 42g pro, 7g carbo, 7g fat, 108mg chol, 632mg sodium exchanges - 1 veg, 4.4 meat, .5 fat.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Thanks for a keeper recipe!! Great for days when you don't want to grill outside, but want the same effect by using the oven. I doubled the spices and used 4 very large chicken breasts. Because I had them on hand I used 1 green pepper, 1 large onion and 2 red peppers, instead of the squash. I Broiled for 15 minutes. Great with wild rice and salad.Reply
Good Kababs. The ingredient list looks long, but these went together in a flash, and were great for the grill. There was just enough heat to notice, not so much that they burned your mouth. We doubled the garlic, but otherwise made as written. Made for ZWT5 by one of the Cooks with Dirty Faces.Reply
see 3 more