Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a simple and delicious appetizer for any meal. People with a taste for spicy things will love this.
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup corn oil
- Tabasco sauce
- Cut shrimp into 1/2 inch pieces.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cayenne, chili powder, cumin, pepper and salt.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Dredge shrimp in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Fry them quickly over high heat until brown and crisp, occasionally adding a dash of Tabasco for spice.
- Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
Restaurant shrimp should be this good!