Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Great for parties and picnics! This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled. The cooking time is actually the chilling time.
- 3⁄4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup ham, cubed
- 6 ounces shrimp, tiny, cooked
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 6 bacon, slices crumbled
- Thoroughly mix the first eight ingredients together and then toss in the remaining ingredients, except the bacon. Chill for a couple of hours to let the flavors develop.
- Add the bacon just before serving (to keep it crisp).