- cooking spray
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, trimmed and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3⁄4 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 360 g white fish fillets
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray base of a medium saucepan with cooking oil. Cook onion, celery and garlic, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add spices; cook, stirring, until fragrant.
- Add rice; stir to coat in mixture. Add stock; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered tightly, about 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir in parsley.
- Meanwhile, spray medium frying pan with cooking oil. Sprinkle fish with cajun spice; cook in pan.
- Serve pilaf with fish.