Chicken & Pumpkin Curry (21 Day Wonder Diet: Day 13)
This is Day 13: Lunch, on the 21 Day Wonder Diet. You can make this whole recipe the day before. This lunch is to be followed by an afternoon snack of 125g grapes.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice
- 1 small red onion, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons coriander roots, and stem chopped finely
- 1⁄4 cup coriander leaves
- 2 fresh long red chilies, chopped coarsely
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 25 g fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 180 g chicken breast fillets, sliced finely
- 1⁄4 cup light coconut milk
- 150 g butternut pumpkin, cut into 1cm cubes
- 115 g baby corn, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, extra
- Cook rice in large saucepan of boiling water unril tender, drain.
- Meanwhile, blend onion, coriander root and stem mixture, coriander leaves, chilli, garlic, ginger, and turmeric until smooth.
- Cook paste in medium frying pan, stirring, until fragrant. Add stock, chicken and coconut milk; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
- Add pumpkin and corn to pan; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Serve rice topped with curry, sprouts and extra coriander.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION