Sesame Beef Stir-Fry (21 Day Wonder Diet: Day 5)
photo by Sara 76
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup couscous
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 180 g rump steak, sliced thinly
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 150 g baby bok choy, quartered
- 1 long red chili, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons beef stock
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 150 g snow peas, sliced thinly
- Combine couscous with the water in medium heatproof bowl, cover; stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast sesame seeds in heated wok about 30 seconds; transfer to small bowl.
- Stir-fry beef in heated wok until browned; transfer to another small bowl.
- Stir-fry onion in heated wok 1 minute. Add garlic, bok choy and chilli; stir fry 1 minute. Add stock, sauces and beef; stir-fry until hot. Remove from heat; stir in peas.
- Serve couscous topped with stir-fry and sprinkled with sesame seeds.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Used .40 lb steak, added more veggies, instead of the chili we added 1/8 tsp of each red pepper flakes, srikacha hot chili sauce and chili black bean sauce, with 2 pinches of sugar and a touch of mirin. 1/2 tsp seasame oil. We eat a lot of Asian food, and really enjoyed this meal. This so far has been my favorite meal. Thank you for reposting.