Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This spicy dip is very good, though you may have to "turn down" the heat a bit! The recipe comes from a local periodical.
- 1⁄3 lb cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh thyme, leaves only
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to your liking)
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (adjust to your liking)
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, cooked
- In a large bowl, mix very well all ingredients except the crab meat.
- Slowly fold in crab meat, to prevent it from shredding.
- Transfer mixture to shallow baking dish. Heat at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes, or until hot. (You may skip this step and serve the dip cold, if desired.).
- Serve with crackers, toasted pita points, or crostini.