Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This delicious chicken is flavored with Cajun seasoning and stuffed with pepper jack chicken and spinach. It is always a hit with family and company!
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 4 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded (you can use up to 6 oz)
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained (you can also use fresh cooked spinach)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Flatten the chicken to 1/4-inch thickness.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pepper jack cheese, spinach, salt and pepper.
- Combine the Cajun seasoning and breadcrumbs together in a small bowl.
- Spoon about 1/4 c of the spinach mixture onto each chicken breast. Roll each chicken breast tightly and fasten with toothpicks.
- Brush each chicken breast with the vegetable oil. Sprinkle the Cajun seasoning mixture evenly over all. Sprinkle any remaining spinach and cheese on top of chicken (optional).
- Place the chicken seam-side down onto a tin foil-lined baking sheet (for easy cleanup). Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the toothpicks before serving!
This was delicious! I made it with fresh chopped broccoli florets instead of spinach. I reversed the amounts of bread crumbs and Cajun seasoning and am glad I did...it would have been too spicy for my family. Even with 1Tbs Cajun to 2Tbs of bread crumbs, it still had a little kick. Definitely will make this again!
Will definitely be making this one on a regular rotation. I used olive oil instead of vegetable oil, Cavender's Greek Seasoning instead of cajun seasoning, and very little salt and pepper in the spinach mixture. This was delicious!
Maybe it was the Cajun seasoning that I used, but for us this was way too salty. Next time we'll half the Cajun seasoning and double the breadcrumbs. Other than that, it was good!