This delicious chicken is flavored with Cajun seasoning and stuffed with pepper jack chicken and spinach. It is always a hit with family and company!
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 4 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded (you can use up to 6 oz)
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained (you can also use fresh cooked spinach)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Flatten the chicken to 1/4-inch thickness.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pepper jack cheese, spinach, salt and pepper.
- Combine the Cajun seasoning and breadcrumbs together in a small bowl.
- Spoon about 1/4 c of the spinach mixture onto each chicken breast. Roll each chicken breast tightly and fasten with toothpicks.
- Brush each chicken breast with the vegetable oil. Sprinkle the Cajun seasoning mixture evenly over all. Sprinkle any remaining spinach and cheese on top of chicken (optional).
- Place the chicken seam-side down onto a tin foil-lined baking sheet (for easy cleanup). Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the toothpicks before serving!