Recipe by lazyme
From Southern Living.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
I used Ina Parmans Cajun Seasoning, not so long that its been available over here so I relish the opportunity to use it! Very simple, funnily enough I particularly loved the broccoli in this. Quick and easy, made a lovely dinner, thank you lazyme, made for ZWT9 Family Picks : Pink Panthers<br/><br/>(I might add I chopped up the chicken to serve)
- 1 (10 ounce) package fettuccine (tomato-basil preferred)
- 4 skinned and boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb broccoli, cut into flowerets
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup refrigerated shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- Sprinkle chicken with Cajun seasoning and cracked pepper; place in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes or until done; cool slightly.
- Cut chicken crosswise into thin strips.
- Combine 1 cup water and salt in a large skillet; bring to a boil.
- Add broccoli; cover and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Melt butter in skillet; add garlic, and saute until tender.
- Set aside 1 cup broccoli; add remaining broccoli to skillet, and cook 2 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and 1 1/2 tablespoons water in a bowl, stirring until smooth; stir in half-and-half.
- Gradually add to broccoli mixture.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- Stir in salt, peppers, and cheese.
- Spoon over pasta, and top with remaining 1 cup broccoli and chicken.
- Serve immediately.