Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I have been making this for a while now and it is really good!The topping has a nice pecan flavor.Sometimes I add about 1/4 cup more pineapple.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut
- Heat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl sift together flour,1 1/2 cups sugar,salt and baking soda.
- Add eggs,pineapple and juice.
- Mix at low speed until blended.
- Pour into pan (I use a long square pan) and bake 30-35 minutes.
- Topping: In a medium sized pan combine the evaporated milk,sugar and butter.
- Bring to a low boil.
- Add pecans and coconut.
- Reduce heat and let simmer while cake is baking.
- Spoon over hot cake.
Oh my, this was delicious! I thought I had made a mistake in the recipe as the pecan/coconut topping was very soupy when I poured it over the hot cake. When I served the cake after it cooled, the topping had seemed to "set". This made a fabulous dessert that we all highly enjoyed. Thanks for sharing the recipe!