Easy Cheesy Hamburger Soup
This is a simple, easy, inexpensive soup that kids and adults love! I usually add about 1 cup frozen corn (thawed), and 1 can of green beans. This really adds to the veggie content, and overall heartiness of the soup. This is my husband's favorite!!!!!
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 6 -8 cups water
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup dry small shell pasta (such as ditallini)
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- In a 5 quart stock pot brown the ground beef with the onion and garlic.
- Add the tomatoes, water, bouillon, carrots, potatoes and celery.
- Simmer until the veggies are tender (about 15 minutes).
- Add the uncooked pasta- continue to simmer for about 10 minutes- until pasta is near cooked through.
- Add the cubed velveeta- stir until melted.
- Combine the milk and flour- whisk until smooth- add to simmering soup, stir until thickened.
- (you may have to adjust the milk flour ratio to desired consistency.).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
YUM!Didn't use italian style tomatoes. Used regular and added a can of Rotel. Also made with venison.Also doubled the garlic. Had to add some butter because the venison has no fat. Also added more velveeta. This is so good. my dd asked if we could have it every day!!! DH loved it also. ds said it was just ok.Reply