Kittencal's Papaya-Pineapple Meat Tenderizer
- Ready In:
- 1 large fresh pineapple (peeled and chopped, hard core removed)
- 1 fresh papaya (peeled, stone removed and chopped)
- 2 cups water (or use as much water for the desired thickness of the puree)
- Place the pineapple chunks, papaya chunks and water in a food processor; process until pureed and very smooth (do not add in any sugar).
- Divide the mixture into 1-cup plastic freezer containers then freeze.
- Add 1-2 cups thawed puree mixture to your favorite meat marinade and marinade overnight.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I used 1 grocery store cored pineapple & papaya. Added only 1 cup of water due to the foodprocessor's limit.Would have liked to added 2 cups. Yield 5 cups. Froze 4 cups for future use. I purchased eye of the round steaks (toughest meat I could find) & marinaded them for 2 days. Removed meat from marinade & made sure all liquid was removed with paper towel. Your meat will not brown on the grill if it is wet. Then a I added Montreal Seasoning. Grilled to Med. rare. They were so tender that a knife was nearly not needed. I will next add this recipe to a marinade & I look forward to trying it with pork & chicken. Thank you for the recipe Kitten.