Cheesy Squash Casserole
Great casserole dish! I add 1/4 cup more of parmesan on the top before the cracker crumbs. This is adapted from a Paula Deen recipe. Hope you enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 medium summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1 large vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 sleeve cracker, crushed medium to fine (recommended Ritz)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the squash, onion, and butter until soft. Drain in colander to get rid of extra moisture.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the Parmesan, Cheddar, and sour cream. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place in the prepared casserole dish and sprinkle the cracker crumbs evenly over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the top is golden and bubbly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was unbelievably good! I used a combo of yellow squash and zuchinni, and I also added a teaspoon of minced garlic (from a jar) to the squash/zuchinni mixture as it softened in the oil. I loved the crispiness of the Ritz cracker crumb topping! This is my new favorite summer squash recipe! Thanks for posting, and as always, Paula Deen rocks!!!2Reply
see 3 more