Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Adapted from Southern Living.
Top Review by LARavenscroft
We really enjoyed this fish. The only negative comment I have would be that I wasted a cup of cornmeal - I had two pounds of catfish and 1 cup would have been more than enough. Thanks for posting this - will definitely make this again.
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 8 (3 -4 ounce) catfish fillets
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow container, mix together the first 2 ingredients; dredge catfish fillets in the cornmeal mixture.
- Place fillets on a greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the cajun seasoning over the fillets.
- Drizzle with butter.
- Bake in a 400° oven for 30 minutes or until golden and fish flake with a fork.
- Garnish with lemon wedges if desired.