Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my version of the Cilantro Lime rice that Cafe Rio uses for their Burritos!! You can also serve it as a side dish...Enjoy!!
- 1 cup white rice (not instant)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup fresh shredded cilantro
- 0.5 (14 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- Cook the rice as directed on the rice package -- except use broth instaed of water. When rice is done fluff with a fork then add cilantro, garlic, lime juice, salt and 1/2 can green enchilad sauce and mix well with a fork!
- This rice is "FEN"tastic -- Enjoy it!
This is absolutely THE BEST rice I have ever had! I made it last night and followed the recipe, except used 2 cloves of garlic and I also used Hatch brand enchilada sauce, soooo good! My 14 yr old daughter was walking out the door with a friend & tried it. She & her friend took some to go, they both loved it! It was delicious & I can't wait to make it again! Needless to say there is nothing left of it today. YUMMO!!! A must try!
Cafe Rio is our favorite place to eat for lunch and this comes pretty close. It's also very flavorful
Delicious! Great flavor. The lime really brings this all together. I used brown rice and mine looked a little greener than Chef Lee's picture. Served 2-3 as a main side for a meal.