Copycat Chipotle Chorizo Bowl With Cilantro-Lime Rice
photo by EmKenBken
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
1 1/2 pounds
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons hot paprika
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1⁄3 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups long-grain rice
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, from one lime
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, washed thoroughly, roughly chopped
- In medium pot (about 2 to 3 quarts) combine water, rice, salt, and bay leaf. Boil, uncovered until steam holes appear in rice, and grains on surface appear dry, about 8 minutes. Cover pot and cook rice over lowest heat 15 minutes more, until moisture is mostly absorbed. Remove pot from heat and cover. Let rice stand for 5 minutes undisturbed Transfer rice to a medium bowl fluff with a fork, stir in lime juice and cilantro.
While rice cooks make Chorizo:
- In a large bowl stir together the Chorizo Seasoning ingredients. Thoroughly mix the seasoning mix with the ground pork until well combined (do not overmix).
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork mixture to the pan. Use a wooden spoon to occasionally break the meat up as it browns. Cook until meat has browned all over, and is fully cooked, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vinegar. Serve chorizo over cilantro- lime rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!