This slaw rendition of a classic Caesar is great because it stays crisp after it's dressed! This recipe calls for Napa cabbage, but feel free to use your favorite, or even mix them! The Napa cabbage gives this a delicate texture, and it's a chance for you to try something new! The bread crumbs add a terrific crunch to the slaw! This is the time to use up those dibs and dabs of that Italian loaf you've got in the old breadbox! This goes fantastic with my Grilled Pork Loin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 piece white bread
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 118.29 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed through a press
- 4 anchovies, drained and minced (optional)
- 2 head napa cabbage, shredded (or regular red, or a combination)
- 354.88 ml parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Make the golden bread crumbs: Cut crust off bread, place it in a food processor and pulse for 5-10 seconds, or until bread has become large crumbs (you can also tear it by hand into small pieces.
- 2In a mixing bowl, toss bread crumbs with olive oil until evenly covered.
- 3Season with salt and pepper, spread in one layer on cookie sheet and bake in a preheated 350° oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove and cool.
- 4Make the dressing:.
- 5In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise,lemon juice, mustard, garlic and anchovies, if desired.
- 7In a large mixing bowl, combine cabbage, dressing, and Parmesan cheese. Toss until well combined. Add half the bread crumbs and toss. Add half of the bread crumbs and toss. Transfer to a serving bowl, sprinkle with remaining bread crumbs and serve.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caesar Napa Slaw With Homemade Golden Bread Crumbs
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.4
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 16.2 mg
- Sodium 420.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: