Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This slaw rendition of a classic Caesar is great because it stays crisp after it's dressed! This recipe calls for Napa cabbage, but feel free to use your favorite, or even mix them! The Napa cabbage gives this a delicate texture, and it's a chance for you to try something new! The bread crumbs add a terrific crunch to the slaw! This is the time to use up those dibs and dabs of that Italian loaf you've got in the old breadbox! This goes fantastic with my Grilled Pork Loin.
- 6 piece white bread
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 118.29 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed through a press
- 4 anchovies, drained and minced (optional)
- 2 head napa cabbage, shredded (or regular red, or a combination)
- 354.88 ml parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Make the golden bread crumbs: Cut crust off bread, place it in a food processor and pulse for 5-10 seconds, or until bread has become large crumbs (you can also tear it by hand into small pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, toss bread crumbs with olive oil until evenly covered.
- Season with salt and pepper, spread in one layer on cookie sheet and bake in a preheated 350° oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove and cool.
- Make the dressing:.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise,lemon juice, mustard, garlic and anchovies, if desired.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cabbage, dressing, and Parmesan cheese. Toss until well combined. Add half the bread crumbs and toss. Add half of the bread crumbs and toss. Transfer to a serving bowl, sprinkle with remaining bread crumbs and serve.
The parmesan really makes this slaw! I reduced the recipe and needed to add a bit more mayonnaise to mine (however, I love mayo and add a bit more of it to almost everything). The dressing was tangy and just right with the napa.
Love this recipe!!! I did cut in half,the nappa cabbage is so good in this.I had some left so thought it would be perfect for lunch,wrapped it up went to put in frige hit shelf and it went all over!But we loved it so will make often,thanks.