Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
We started with the French Dressing recipe from the Better Homes and Garden New Cook Book. We wanted it a little more like a Caesar so we changed it after looking at all the Caesar dressings on Recipe*zaar. We had some left over chicken breasts from "Baked Chicken" by Kim D. #111514. We cut the chicken into strips and added it to the lettuce before we added the dressing. After we put it on the plate we seasoned with pepper and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. We had buttered toast with it and I broke the crust into croutons.
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil (we used Canola Harvest)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 hard-boiled egg, diced
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- fresh ground pepper
- parmesan cheese, grated
- Combine all ingredients in blender except the pepper and mix well. Blend again before combining with lettuce. Sprinkle more parmesan cheese on after mixing with lettuce.
- Top with pepper, parmesan, and croutons.
- This recipe makes about 3/4 cup dressing.