Recipe by Lvs2Cook
The perfect salad when it's too hot to cook a full dinner.
Top Review by Raspberry Cordial
This is a beautiful and tasty salad, thank you for sharing! I toasted and cooled the nuts before adding. This would be a great addition to a potluck. It makes a big salad but doesn't keep well, so half this amount is sufficient for our family's needs. Thanks again! Made for My Three Chefs 2007.
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil (good quality)
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 lb bow tie pasta, cooked al dente
- 8 cups mixed salad greens, washed and drained
- 2 cups peeled and chopped cucumbers
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, whisk together the first 5 ingredients. Gradually add oil, whisking constantly until slightly thickened. Add freshly ground black pepper to tatse. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, toss cooked pasta with 3 tablespoons of dressing. Just before serving, add salad greens, cucumbers, and walnuts to pasta mixture. Toss with 4 tablespoons dressing, or more if desired. Save remaining dressing in refrigerator for another use.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and toss. Top with Parmesan cheese.