Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Tastes like cabbage rolls, without the hassle
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 cups beef bouillon
- 1 medium cabbage, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups tomato juice
- Brown the meat in a large soup pot sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Pour off all of the fat and add all of the other ingredients.
- Cook for at least 2 hours.
- This makes a very concentrated soup and can be frozen in plastic containers.
- When reheating, add 3/4 c water or bouillon per serving.
I made this for the family and even the picky eaters loved it. I think there was something about the beef broth and tomato juice combo that we loved. The only thing I did different was add more water and tomato juice. I wanted it to be a soupier soup. The taste was great and I will be making this soup for many more times to come.
this was definitely delicious! I completely spaced and put in the entire cabbage instead of coring it, but managed to scoop out the worst of the tough chunks and it turned out great. this was definitely even more delicious once it reached room temperature and was heated up again, and if there had been any left, I'm sure it would have tasted even better the next day!