Recipe by Honeybeee
Dedicated to Charishma and all those trying to lose weight! A great low cal salad to be had as an accompaniment to the main dish. Or, throw in some grilled chicken slivers and have a complete meal by itself.
Top Review by sugarpea
Pretty salad, crunchy and tasty. I don't have any black mustard seeds. I don't even know what they are. So I added the olive oil along with all the other ingredients and didn't heat it at all. Next time I'll go ahead and add a bit of mustard one way or another. I believe Honeybeee means green bell pepper, which I used, but I also put a bit of fresh hot red pepper in, just because I had some.
- 1 medium cabbage, cut into long,fine strips
- 1 small red capsicum, deseeded and cut into fine strips
- 1 small tomatoes, finely sliced
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the vegetables.
- Add the sugar and pour the lemon juice over the vegetables.
- Toss the salad to coat well.
- Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate till needed- (can be made upto 4 hours in advance).
- Just before serving: In a small pan, heat oil till very hot.
- Remove from fire and add the mustard seeds to the oil.
- Twirl it around so that all the seeds sputter.
- Pour over the salad.
- Add salt, toss the salad and serve immediately.