1/4 Photos of Cabbage and Vegetable Curry
This is for cabbage and curry lovers. Feel free to substitute, delete, and add to...all but the cabbage and curry paste. Cooking time will depend on how you like your vegetables...I like my cabbage very wilted. Variations included.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large white onion, sliced thin lengthwise
- 8 cups cabbage, slivered (about 1/2 a large head)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 medium zucchini, trimmed and sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mild curry paste (I use Patek's. this is not Thai curry paste)
- 3/4 cup peas, frozen
- 1Heat oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onion and stir for one minute.
- 3Reduce heat to medium and add as much cabbage as will fit.
- 4Add chicken broth.
- 5Continue to add cabbage until it's all in the pan and cover the pan: stir occasionally. Cook about 10 minutes.
- 6Add succhini and curry paste, stirring in to blend.
- 7Cook on medium, uncovered, until the vegetables are almost tender, about 10 minutes.
- 8Add frozen peas and continue to cook until the vegetables are done and liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- 9Salt and pepper to taste.
- 11Add chopped garlic and/or ginger.
- 12Substitute any vegetable other than the cabbage.
- 13Add some coconut milk near the end.
- 14Add fresh herbs such as cilantro and basil.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cabbage and Vegetable Curry
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 81.7
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 56.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mild curry paste