This is for cabbage and curry lovers. Feel free to substitute, delete, and add to...all but the cabbage and curry paste. Cooking time will depend on how you like your vegetables...I like my cabbage very wilted. Variations included.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large white onion, sliced thin lengthwise
- 8 cups cabbage, slivered (about 1/2 a large head)
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 medium zucchini, trimmed and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons mild curry paste (I use Patek's. this is not Thai curry paste)
- 3⁄4 cup peas, frozen
- Heat oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and stir for one minute.
- Reduce heat to medium and add as much cabbage as will fit.
- Add chicken broth.
- Continue to add cabbage until it's all in the pan and cover the pan: stir occasionally. Cook about 10 minutes.
- Add succhini and curry paste, stirring in to blend.
- Cook on medium, uncovered, until the vegetables are almost tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add frozen peas and continue to cook until the vegetables are done and liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chopped garlic and/or ginger.
- Substitute any vegetable other than the cabbage.
- Add some coconut milk near the end.
- Add fresh herbs such as cilantro and basil.
while this recipe wasn't bad, it wasn't something that impressed me enough to repeat it again.
This was wonderful stuff!! We used curry powder and veggie broth, and added in a few extras - some shrimp, broccoli (in place of peas) and a couple of yellow tomatoes that needed to be used. We also added a bit of thai basil. The flavors and textures were very good. Thanks for the great recipe!
I loved this veggie combinatin; so many different textures! This was simple and very healthy. I used a homemade curry powder for the paste (same amount). The only thing I added was some garlic. There's many other veggies that you could add to this, but it's wonderful just as it is. Thanx for a great veggie curry!