Recipe by Cookin-jo
This is for cabbage and curry lovers. Feel free to substitute, delete, and add to...all but the cabbage and curry paste. Cooking time will depend on how you like your vegetables...I like my cabbage very wilted. Variations included.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large white onion, sliced thin lengthwise
- 8 cups cabbage, slivered (about 1/2 a large head)
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 medium zucchini, trimmed and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons mild curry paste (I use Patek's. this is not Thai curry paste)
- 3⁄4 cup peas, frozen
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and stir for one minute.
- Reduce heat to medium and add as much cabbage as will fit.
- Add chicken broth.
- Continue to add cabbage until it's all in the pan and cover the pan: stir occasionally. Cook about 10 minutes.
- Add succhini and curry paste, stirring in to blend.
- Cook on medium, uncovered, until the vegetables are almost tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add frozen peas and continue to cook until the vegetables are done and liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chopped garlic and/or ginger.
- Substitute any vegetable other than the cabbage.
- Add some coconut milk near the end.
- Add fresh herbs such as cilantro and basil.