Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Italian sausage, hot or mild
- 2 white onions, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thickly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 1⁄4 lbs cabbage, thinly sliced
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 6 slices garlic toast
- In a medium stockpot or Dutch oven heat olive oil, over high heat, and saute sausage for 3 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and sun dried tomatoes.
- Reduce heat to medium high and saute until onions are soft, about 3 - 5 minutes.
- Stir in the wine and cook 2 minutes.
- Add cabbage, reserved sausage and chicken stock.
- bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - NOTES : To serve, place a piece of garlic toast in the bottom of the bowl and ladle soup over top.
I made this recipe last night and it was great. I changed the recipe a little using Hillshire FarmÂ® Turkey Polska Kielbasa and left out the white wine. It was wonderful and I would highly recommend this recipe if asked. Thanks for providing it.
Easy and fast to fix. I fixed it for my wife and she loved it. Using the sun dried tomatoes does not over ride the taste with tomato. Sausage helps to add flavor, andoulle sausage works well also.
This at on the very top of my "all-time-favorite-Nick-Stellino's recipes" list. I serve it all the time and, when we are having a pot luck lunch at work, that's the only thing anyone wants me to bring. It's delicious!