Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Chicken noodle soup has always been said to have magical healing properties. I combined my favorite things, chicken, orzo, and cabbage and came up with this super simple and tasty soup.
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, chopped into 2 inch chuncks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄2 red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a 6 qt dutch oven, lightly saute garlic and onions in a little olive oil
- add chicken and cabbage and stir lightly.
- add bouillon, I prefer the Better than Bouillon brand, and add enough water to cover the mix, I like chunky thick soup, you can add more water to your taste.
- add red pepper, salt and black pepper to taste
- add the orzo and boil 2 minutes less than directions state on the package.
- let the soup rest about 5 minutes.
- serve with garlic bread and a salad for a full meal!