Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
From Quick Cooking (now called Simple & Delicious). This cake has a chewy, nutty topping and big butterscotch flavor.
Top Review by ivy
This is a very good recipe. I used non-fat milk & only half the butterscotch chips (thought it might be too sweet). It was moist but not soggy. Can't wait to try it with chocolate cake & pudding.
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package butterscotch pudding mix, cook-and-serve type
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (11 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 1⁄2 cup pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine pudding mix and milk.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; stir in dry cake mix.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan.
- Sprinkle with butterscotch chips and nuts.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Yield: 12-16 servings.