Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Make and share this Butterscotch Shortbread Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Line a 9-inch square baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan.
- Butter foil; set pan aside.
- In a bowl, combine flour, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, and baking powder; use a pastry blender and cut in ½ cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan; bake at 350° for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a saucepan, melt the remaining ¼ cup butter; stir in sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, water, and salt.
- Stir in cashews; bring mixture to boiling over med-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove pan from heat; stir in whipping cream and vanilla.
- Spread butterscotch mixture evenly over baked crust.
- Bake 12-15 minutes more or until most of the surface is bubbly.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Using foil, lift bars out of pan; carefully peel foil from sides of bars; cut into bars.
- To store: place in layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container; cover; store at room temperature up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 months.