Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 hrs
From a 1986 Family Circle Magazine
- 1 (3 1/4 ounce) package butterscotch pudding mix
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- Mix together pudding, sugar and coffee in a small saucepan.
- Add 1/2 cup of the evaporated milk.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, over medium heat. Cook 1 minute.
- Pour into a medium sized bowl.
- Cover surface of the pudding with plastic wrap to prevent skin from forming.
- Set aside in the refrigerator to cool, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour remaining 1 cup of evaporated milk into a shallow dish. Place in a freezer until soft ice crystals form around the edge, about 20 to 30 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and beat until soft peaks form. Add 2 Tbsp orange juice. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold about 1 cup of the whipped evaporated milk mixture into the pudding, fold in remaining whipped evaporated milk. Spoon into pie crust. Place in freezer until hardened, at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer about 5 minutes before serving.