Recipe by LizCl
What could be better than a delicious butterscotch cake with a chocolate frosting, and it's easy to make too. Great cake for bake sales, parties, holidays, etc
Top Review by Lil Sis
This cake was really good. I omitted the raisins and nuts and baked in a 7x11 pan so had to bake a little longer. Frosted with kittencal's chocolate buttercream frosting as another reviewer had done and it was great.
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine boiling water and oats; let stand.
- Melt butterscotch morsels; set aside.
- Combine sugar, brown sugar, and butter; beat well.
- Beat in two eggs.
- Blend in oat mixture, melted butterscotch.
- Sift dry ingredients and gradually blend into wet ingredients.
- Stir in raisins and nuts.
- Pour into greased and floured 13 X 9 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Frost with your favorite chocolate icing.