Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
The original of this slightly tweaked recipe was found in the Betty Crocker Special Edition Fall Baking, 2004. Preparation time does not include the hour needed to cool the baked bars.
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, packed
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter
- 236.59 ml butterscotch chips, melted
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2 eggs
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 236.59 ml cashews, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large mixing bowl, with electric mixer on medium, beat brown sugar, butter, melted chips, vanilla, salt & eggs for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth & creamy.
- Stir in flour & baking powder until well mixed.
- Stir in cashews, then spread in an ungreased 13"x9" baking pan.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until set & edges are dry.
- Cool completely on a wire rack, about 1 hour, before cutting into bars.
Delicious! My cashews weren't salted, but I'd like to try them with salted cashews as well, to see what CB is talking about. These were super easy and quick, too! I sprinkled the top with icing sugar, which was a pretty touch. Thanks for posting, Syd!
Fabulously rich and so absolutely sinful. Who wouldn't like the taste of salty sweet and especially if the salty is cashews. What a great find:-) Made for MarketTag.
These are wonderful! Love cashews so I knew these couldn't disappoint. Made just as stated. Thanks for sharing! Made for Gimme 5 tag.