1/1 Photo of Butternut Squash Soup With Sage
Maryland Jim's Note:
I've made this soup for company and it is always a hit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil saucepan over medium heat. Add squash, apples and onion and cook until almost tender.
- 2Stir in sugar, coriander and cayenne pepper.
- 3Cook and stir 2 minutes.
- 4Add broth.
- 5Bring to a boil. Cook over low heat 10 minutes or until squash is tender. Using a slotted spoon, place cooked squash mixture in blender or food processor.
- 6Cover and blend until smooth, adding enough cooking liquid to reach desired consistency.
- 7Heat butter in a small skillet. Add sage and cook until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- 8Divide soup among four bowls. Drizzle each with sage butter and garnish with fried sage leaves.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash Soup With Sage
Serving Size: 1 (549 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.3
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 597.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 19.7 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves