This is a light, but full flavored fall pie. If you're squash is runny and watery, try straining it over a colainder. Enjoy!
- Add sugar, salt and pumpkin pie spice together.
- In mixer; Beat eggs, add evaporated milk, then steamed and strained squash.
- Mix in sugar mixture on slow to medium speed.
- Mix well.
- Pour into piecrust.
- Bake at 450 for 10 minutes.
- Then reduce to 350 and bake about 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. In my oven this can be as low as 30 minutes.