Winter Squash Pie
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 cup squash, steamed
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mace
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cream or 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 pie crust (either store bought or your own recipe)
- Line a pie plate with pastry, crimp edge attractively and chill.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Strain the cooked squash and set aside to cool.
- Add sugar, salt and spices; mix thoroughly.
- Beat the eggs, add cream and mix with squash.
- Pour into prepared pie pan, place in oven and bake for ten minutes; reduce heat to 350F and bake for 40 minutes longer.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!