1/1 Photo of Butternut Squash and Roasted-Garlic Bisque
1 hr 15 mins
I found this recipe in Bon Appetit magazine and it sounds delicious. I love butternut squash and am looking forward to making this. Even though there are lots of steps, they sound simple enough and it can be made a day ahead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Rub cut surfaces of garlic with oil.
- 3Put halves back together to reassemble heads.
- 4Wrap each tightly in foil; bake until tender, about 40 minutes.
- 5Cool garlic in foil.
- 6Melt butter in heavy large pot over medium heat.
- 7Add onions, carrots and celery; sauté until onions are beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- 8Add squash, broth and 2 tablespoons sage.
- 9Bring to boil.
- 10Reduce heat; simmer uncovered until squash is tender, about 25 minutes.
- 11Meanwhile, unwrap garlic.
- 12Squeeze from skin into small bowl.
- 13Discard skin.
- 14Mash garlic with fork until smooth.
- 15Stir garlic into soup.
- 16Working in batches, purée soup in blender until smooth.
- 17Return to pot.
- 18(Can be made 1 day ahead. Refrigerate uncovered until cold. Cover and keep refrigerated. Bring to simmer before continuing.)
- 19Stir in 1/2 cup cream.
- 20Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 21Transfer soup to tureen.
- 22Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon cream.
- 23Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sage.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash and Roasted-Garlic Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.8
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 25.4 mg
- Sodium 430.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 5.3 g