1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is sort of an original recipe in that I tried to recreate a soup that I had had a few years ago at a little mom and pop place in Anderson, SC without having the actual recipe. My husband gave it 5 stars and had seconds.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the stem off of the squash and split it in half.
- 2Scoop out and discard the seeds, wrap each half in aluminum foil and bake it in the oven for 1 hour at 400 degrees.
- 3When the squash is done, scoop it out of the shell while still hot and place the flesh in a blender or food processor.
- 4In a small pan, sautee the garlic and onions in the butter until the onion becomes translucent.
- 5Place the onion, garlic, and butter also in the blender or processor.
- 6Add 1 cup of half and half to the mixture and blend until smooth.
- 7Microwave the corn in a glass bowl for about 3-4 minutes.
- 8Add half of the corn to the mixture and blend until smooth.
- 9Pour the mixture into a large saucepan add the rest of the corn and 2 cups of chicken or vegetable broth.
- 10Simmer on medium low heat, stirring frequently until entire mixture is heated but do not bring to a boil.
- 11Salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- 12Bon appetit!
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash and Corn Soup
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.1
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 37.6 mg
- Sodium 80.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: