Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This amazing soup wins my personal chef clients over every time!! Nutritious, and loaded with fiber, this is great winter food!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 large carrots, chopped medium
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 16 ounces dried white beans
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 cups butternut squash, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- salt & pepper
- 4 cups swiss chard leaves, chopped
- 1 -2 cup chicken stock for thinning soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup crouton
- In 1T. olive oil, saute onion, celery and carrot until softened try not to let brown. Add in
- white beans, rosemary sprig, thyme sprig, chicken stock and pepper. Bring pressure to 15lbs and cook for 35 minutes. Beans should be almost soft but still have a small bite to them.
- Using the quick-release, cold water method, open lid, add in butternut squash, garlic, fresh rosemary minced, garlic and salt & pepper to taste. Place lid back on and pressure cook for 10 more minutes with a natural release method. Stir in chard greens just before serving and use remaining chicken stock to thin soup if too thick.
- Test to make sure beans are completely soft. Pull out stems of rosemary and thyme. Add salt to correct seasonings. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and croutons.
Made it for a work potluck and got rave reviews from everyone. I used about a rounded 1/4 tsp pepper and vegetable stock for the vegetarians out there. I also did not use any extra stock for thinning. I have an electric pressure cooker, and everything was cooked well on 36 minutes high and then another 12 minutes on high with a quick release both times. Some people may prefer to still use the natural release for softer beans, but we found them done, but a little firm. We were in a hurry to get the eating started.
Just got my Instant Pot and tried this recipe and the whole fam loved it!! I added some pork shoulder meat to make it more tasty. Thank you.
Really good my husband and 4 yo both liked it a lot