Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very tasty bran muffins. I use multigrain flour to increase the amount of fibre.
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat bran
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup multi-grain flour (can also use white)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Mix buttermilk and wheat bran in a bowl.
- Combine oil, egg, brown sugar and vanilla in another bowl then add to the bran mixture, mix in raisins.
- In another bowl, mix flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Mix dry to wet ingredients, only until blended.
- Grease muffin pan and fill.
- Bake at 375 F for 15 minutes or until done.
I made a few changes. I didn't have any multi-grain flour so I used 1/4 cup wheat germ, 1/4 cup ground flaxseed and 1/2 cup whole flour. I used a mixture of oat bran and wheat bran. I used some dried blueberries I had instead of raisins. I only added 1/2 cup brown sugar as the blueberries were sweetened. It turned out real tasty.