Recipe by Chef Gina Calina
I got this recipe from Eileen Goudge's wonderful book entitled "Something Warm from the Oven". Makes enough to frost two 8-or 9-inch layers.
Top Review by Princess Pea
I liked the light texture of this frosting, and the flavor was perfect with just the right amount of sweetness. Followed the ingredient list exactly, using about 3.5 T. of half-n-half to frost 24 cupcakes. Delicious!
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, very soft
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 -4 tablespoon half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the softened butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer.
- Gradually add sifted confectioners'sugar, beating well.
- Add vanilla and 1 tablespoon of half-and-half, beating until frosting is spreading consistency. If it is too thick, add more half-and-half as you continue beating, until spreading consistency.