Recipe by Chelle_DaysFlutterby
A simple butter tart - freezes well too.
Top Review by DangerBun
Very, very tasty and so easy! Made enough to perfectly fill 8 premade tart shells. I used half brown and half white sugar, and whipping cream instead of half & half. Very rich and buttery -- just one is more than enough! DH (who isn't big on sweets) loved them, compared them to Chess Pie (a favorite of ours). I think these would be lovely for Christmas. Thanks for the recipe!
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 5 tablespoons half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- 2/3 cup white sugar 1-cup raisins 1 egg 1 tsp vanilla ½ cup butter 5 tbs half n half Beat eggs, melt butter.
- Combine melted butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Off heat add half/half and eggs.
- Bring to boil, reduce to medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add raisins at beginning of boil.
- Fill tart shells.
- Bake 15 minutes at 350 on bottom rack.